The Gamecock Guarantee promises that each eligible student's undergraduate tuition and technology fee will be covered for four years as long as the student continues to meet the program's criteria.
And while all university students have access to programs and services that help bolster their academic achievement, students who qualify will benefit from a coordinated network of offerings that can further enrich their undergraduate experiences.
- Apply for admission by December 1
- Be admitted to the University of South Carolina, Columbia Campus
- Enroll as a first time, full time freshman student in the fall semester after being admitted to a program.
- Pursue a bachelor's degree
- Is a first generation college student (neither parent completed a four year college degree)
- Submit the FAFSA by March 1 and provide any required application documentation by March 15
- Family's income for the most recently completed tax year is not greater than 150% of the Department of Health and Human Services poverty guidelines
- Eligible to receive a federal Pell Grant
- Remain Eligible for a federal Pell Grant
- Submitting the FAFSA by March 1 of each year and providing any required application documentation actions by March 25
- Making satisfactory academic progress for financial aid eligibility
- Participating in the array of programs and services offered to ensure their success
- Remaining enrolled as a full time student at USC Columbia, pursuing a degree
- Maintaining South Carolina residency status
For more information please visit USC Gamecock Guarantee web page.
(Referenced from USC Columbia, Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships.)