Each award is intended to cover a significant share of the student’s educational expenses – including tuition, living expenses, books and required fees. Awards vary by individual, based on the cost of tuition as well as other grants or scholarships he or she may receive.
This highly competitive scholarship includes:
- Up to $40,000 per year to attend a four-year accredited undergraduate school
- Ability to pursue any area of study
- Personal advising about selecting a college and navigating financial aid
- Multifaceted advising about how to transition to college and maximize the college student experience
SELECTION CRITERIAJack Kent Cooke Foundation College Scholars are selected based on exceptional academic ability and achievement, financial need, persistence, service to others, and leadership.
SELECTION PROCESSA rigorous application review includes analysis of grades, standardized test scores, participation in available advanced courses, student essays, letters of recommendation, and family finances. Each year 30-40 students will be selected into the program.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTSAt a minimum, applicants must:
- Plan to graduate from a US high school in spring 2017
- Intend to enroll in an accredited four-year college beginning in fall 2017
- Earn a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.5 or above
- SAT combined critical reading and math score of 1200 (based on the old SAT scores) or above and/or ACT composite score of 26 or above
- Demonstrate significant unmet financial need. We will consider applicants with family income up to $95,000. However, we anticipate that a majority of scholarship recipients will be eligible to receive a Pell grant
Class 2015 Profile - www.jkcf.org/assets/1/7/CS_Profile_2015.pdf
To Apply - http://www.jkcf.org/scholarship-programs/college-scholarship/
Deadline to Apply November 30, 2016.