Eligible students must be from one of the 18 counties listed below. A student's permanent address must be within the designated county region. Current high school seniors or current undergraduate students may apply for the scholarship. Students must plan to attend a 4 year, accredited, non profit college. The Foundation recognizes colleges and universities accredited by one of the six regional accredited agencies, such as SACS.
- SC Counties: Aiken, Abbeville, Edgefield, Greenville, McCormick, Spartanburg
Although standardized test scores do not solely reflect academic merit, the scholarship committee does note SAT and/or ACT scores when evaluating applications. The Foundation will combine a student's highest sub scores from each test. Test scores should be included in your application.
- Complete an online application
- Provide high school and/or college official transcripts
- SAT/ACT scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Two letters must be submitted from teachers/ professors, religious leaders, coaches, employers, or others who play an important role in your life.
- One recommendation must be from your school.
- All letters of recommendation will be requested and submitted through the online application system.
- IRS Form 1040 or 1040 EZ
- Essay (submitted through the online application)
- Financial need statement.
To apply visit the Watson Brown Foundation web site.
Deadline to apply: February 15, 2016
(Referenced from Watson Brown Foundation.)