- Candidates must be of Hispanic origin or descent (only from Spanish speaking countries , first or second generation)
- Have legal presence in the United States, attending a public or private high school during the current academic year.
- Have a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Perform at least 10 hours of volunteer work for AHAM.
- Applications are available from www.ahamsc.org beginning January 25th.
- Applicants must enclose the following documents:
- A completed TYPED and signed application form including address, email, cellular, and home telephone numbers (including area code). Applications that are incomplete and/or not signed will not be accepted.
- An official and sealed high school transcript.
- A copy of SAT/ACT scores.
- Copy of household federal income tax return (1040EZ) for the year 2015. Family income not greater than $60,000.
- A short essay (minimum 250 words) describing your career goals, how you feel about your Hispanic heritage and ways in which you would like to help and give back to the community.
- A copy of the letter of acceptance from an accredited university, technical college, or vocational school in the USA or USA territories for the fall 2016 semester.
- A copy of documentation showing either legal presence or status in the USA. (DACA certification, US passport, green card, residency card, social security card, or driver's license, etc.)
- Download the application here.
- March 31, 2016