- have one or both parents deceased
- be a United States citizen and a South Carolina resident
- have need of financial assistance to attend college
- be a current senior in high school
- have a satisfactory academic record
- plan to pursue a bachelor's degree at an accredited four year college or university
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive a $2,500 award, renewable for a total of four years, Awards are for undergraduate study only.
Recipients have the following obligations to the James F. Byrnes Foundation.
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA
- Send semester grades to the Foundation after each semester is complete
- Participate in:
- Byrnes Scholars Luncheon in Columbia, SC on the second Saturday in June
- Super Weekend in Garden City Beach, SC the third weekend of March
- Fall Dinner in his/her area held in October - dates to be determined
Applications should be submitted after January 2. Deadline to submit is February 1.
Click her to download the application packet - www.byrnesscholars.org/images/jfbf_application_packet_2018_final.pdf