Open to academically talented US Citizens and permanent residents from ethnic and racial backgrounds that have been historically underrepresented in the US higher education, the program challenges students to think critically, act compassionately, and give back to the world through service learning and scholarly research.
As an MLK scholar, you will....
- Pursue social justice research and explore social justice policies during one domestic and three international trips.
- Participate in scholarly seminars and interact with distinguished visitors and leading social justice experts.
- Make a difference locally, nationally, and globally through service projects and research.
- Gain leadership experience and the perspective you need to continue making positive change no matter what your career path.
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.3 and create a leadership portfolio you will contribute to each semester.
- Receive a full tuition in aide with a minimum merit based scholarship of $25,000.
For more information and to apply visit the Ithaca College Martin Luther King Scholar Program web page.
(Referenced from Ithaca College MLK Scholar Program web page.)