The annual amount of the scholarship is $1,000. Five hundred ($500) dollars per semester will be paid to a South Carolina four year college or university for the recipient. The scholarship will be awarded for four consecutive years unless the recipient completes graduation requirements early, decides not to pursue a career in education, or fails to maintain a 3.0 grade point average. This scholarship may be used for room, board, tuition and/or books only. If the money is not needed, the funds shall be returned to the SCEA-Retired.
- The applicant must be a senior graduating from a public high school in South Carolina.
- The applicant must plan to attend an accredited four year college or university within the state of South Carolina as a full time student.
- The applicant must plan for and pursue a career in education.
- The applicant must have maintained a good high school academic record and maintain a 3.0 GPA while attending a South Carolina college or university .
- The applicant must demonstrate leadership abilities.
- The applicant must need financial assistance.
Deadline: March 15, 2016
See Ms. Beaver for an application.