This allows students to further their education while gaining valuable experience in a high teach manufacturing environment and become potential candidates for full time positions at BMW Manufacturing Co. LLC.
BMW provides tuition assistance, each semester, while the student is enrolled full time and actively participating in the Scholars Program.
(Referenced from BMW Manufacturing)
BMW Scholars Program at Greenville Technical College
Greenville Technical college partners with BMW to offer the BMW Scholars Program. Recruitment occurs in the Spring and students who are selected begin work at BMW just before the beginning of the Fall semester.
- Gain invaluable work experience at BMW.
- Earn an associate degree with tuition assistance offered by BMW.
- Earn money working part-time while taking classes.
- Be considered for full time BMW employment opportunities.
- Be enrolled as a full time student who is in the first or second semester in a two year manufacturing related program such as: Mechanical Engineering Technology, Electronics Engineering Technology, Mechatronics, Welding, Machine Tool Technology, Automotive Technology, Production Technology Certificate, and Supply Chain Management.
- Have a 2.8 GPA (high school transcript if new student).
- Be willing to work 20 hours per week at the manufacturing facility.
- Be committed to attending college as a full time student year round (12 credit hours minimum each semester).
- Successfully complete BMW Assessment testing.
- Participate in BMW training.
- Be legally allowed to work long term in the United States.
Students must also have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- MS Office experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- A copy of your resume and unofficial transcript attached to your application.
For more information visit the BMW Scholars Program at Greenville Technical College web page.
(Referenced from Greenville Technical College: BMW Scholars Program)