- Recipient must be a high school senior.
- Recipient must have achieved at least an 85 average on the SC Uniform Grading Scale in all classes. (3.0 on 4.0 scale)
- Recipient must maintain behavior that is acceptable to the guidelines of their respective high school.
- In 1000 words or less, the recipient should answer tow of the three following essay questions. Essays should be written as a single response and NOT two separate responses.
- What about science or math interests you?
- Why is the stuy of science and mathematics important for the future?
- What contribution to society do you see yourself making through a career in science or math?
- Essays will be submitted electronically for evaluation. Please coordinate with your school counselor in order to submit an electronic copy of your essay.
- Essays will be evaluation using the following rubric: 20% Grammar; 20% Creativity; 30% Relevance to science and math; 30 % Tone that is current and forward thinking.
- Applications are due to your counselor by March 25, 2016.