- Full tuition scholarship, renewable for up to eight consecutive semesters of full time enrollment valued at approximately $181,000 over four years.
- Eligibility for a one time $3,000 grant to support a student selected activity that enhances the academic experience.
- Priority course registration and guaranteed on campus housing.
- Specially selected faculty mentors to guide students and help them fulfill their potential.
- Special ticket vouchers to selected cultural events in the Modlin Center for the Arts.
Regardless of designation, all Richmond Scholars demonstrate one or more of the following qualities:
- Outstanding and engaged scholarship
- Desire to be at the forefront in the creation and discovery of new knowledge
- Leadership skills
- Desire to be a leader in service to society
- Broad worldview
- Excitement about learning from people who are different from themselves in a diverse community of scholars
- Recognition of the importance of personal integrity and ethical decision making
- Enthusiastic pursuit of self improvement
- Desire to make the most of opportunities presented
- Exceptional talent in artistic expression
- Completed Common Application along with the University of Richmond Supplement (which includes an essay prompt).
- $50 application fee or an approved waiver.
- A recommendation from a school counselor or other school official.
- A transcript that is complete through the end of the 11th grade.
- Official results from either the SAT or ACT. The November test administration is the last administration from which scores will be accepted. TOEFL is also required for non native speakers in English.
Students who are selected to advance to the semifinalist round will be notified by email. In order to advance to the finalist round, semi finalists will be asked to submit additional information to the committee and self select up to two designations that best fit their academic profile. Finalists will be notified by email in order to make arrangements for the required scholarship interview. Interviews are typically held mid-March. Finalists will automatically qualify for a Presidential Scholarship which provides one third tuition for eight semester. For more information please visit the website: Richmond Scholars.
(Referenced from University of Richmond Richmond Scholars web site.)