The James O. Thomason Scholarship consists of $2,000 annually for up to 4 consecutive years to help a student further their education in print or photo journalism, advertising, public relations or mass communications. Applicants are thoroughly screened, interviewed and a winner is selected through a comprehensive process established by the Board of Directors.
Criteria & Eligibility:
- Applicants must be a full time resident of South Carolina and a senior in a public or private high school in South Carolina.
- The recipient must attend an institution of higher learning in South Carolina.
- The recipient must declare a major in electronic, print, or photo journalism, advertising, public relations or mass communications to qualify.
- Payment will be made to the same person for four consecutive years of college related to a major in the above disciplines.
- The recipient must maintain a GPA of 2.5 or above for a given academic year to receive funds for the following year. If the GPA falls below the 2.5 average then the student will not receive further funds, and a new recipient will be sought.
- Return both pages of the completed application, essay on a topic selected by the Hampton Fund, personal essay/autobiography, transcript of high school grades, college board scores, rank in high school class, and a recent photograph no later than February 1, 2016 to the following address:
Hampton Fund Scholarships
P.O. Box 2641
Columbia, SC 29202
- The Board of Directors of the Harry Hampton Wildlife Fund will make the final approval of the recipient and notify the winners.
Applications are available online at www.hamptonwildlifefund.org, via email at email@example.com, or by phone at 803.600.1570.
(Resourced from Hampton Wild Life Fund.)