1. Applicant must be a Greenville County Schools senior who will complete high school in spring 2016 and will attend Greenville Technical College starting Summer or Fall Semester after graduation. 2. Applicant must be ranked in the top 50% of graduating class at the end of the Fall Semester of the senior year.
3. In order for the application to be considered, the following steps must be taken:
A. Submit Greenville Tech’s Application for Admission online at www.gvltec.edu/apply on or before Friday, March 18, 2016 and pay required $35 Application Fee.
B. Complete and submit the Declaration of Legal Presence Form along with required state of state or federal issued photo identification.
C. Take Greenville Technical College’s placement test or submit SAT scores of 480 or higher on the verbal, 480 or higher on the math, or ACT Math and English scores of 19 or higher on or before Wednesday, March 23, 2016.
D. Submit a copy of the applicant’s high school transcript. .
4 Applicant should complete the portion of the scholarship application labeled “Student Information” and give the completed form to his or her guidance counselor.
5. A recommendation must accompany the application and it must be signed by the student’s guidance counselor. The completed scholarship application form and recommendation must be received by the college via mail or by fax no later than 1:00 pm on Friday, March 25, 2016.
Scholarship Value: The scholarship has a value of up to $1,500 for an academic year upon maintenance of a “C” average. This scholarship is redeemable for three consecutive semesters, 2016-2017, and covers tuition only. Any additional tuition, lab fees, books or uniforms will be the responsibility of the student.
Criteria for Scholarship Award: 1. All applicants who meet the above qualifications are eligible for nomination.
2. Selection of a single winner per school will be made by a committee comprised of Greenville Technical College’s Student Services Division representatives. Multiple applicants from each school are encouraged, as alternates will be determined and awarded if the designated recipient does not elect to attend Greenville Technical College.
3. This scholarship may not be combined with the Business Education Department Scholarship or Vocational Technical Award.
4. A college representative will present the scholarship at the recipient’s high school awards program at the end of the academic year. We ask that the recipient be present to receive the award.
While not required, it is strongly recommended that each applicant submit the 2016-2017 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which is available online at www.fafsa.gov and have a Student Aid Report sent to GTC (Federal college code 003991)
Please see Ms. Beaver for an application.