1. Each student selected for the scholarship must have applied, met requirements, submitted Declaration of Legal Presence, and received acceptance into a Business Division program of his or her choice. Prior to selection, the following steps must be completed by the student:
A. Submit Greenville Technical College’s Application for Admission online at www.gvltec.edu/apply on or before Friday, March 18, 2016 and pay the required $35 application fee.
B. Complete and submit the Legal Presence Form along with required state or Federal issued photo identification.
C. Take Greenville Technical College’s placement examination or submit SAT scores of 480 or higher on the verbal, 480 or higher on the math, or ACT Math & English scores 19 or higher by Wednesday, March 23, 2016.
D. Submit copy of the applicant’s high school transcript with application.
2. Applicant must complete the portion of the scholarship application labeled “Student Information” and give the completed form to his or her guidance counselor or Business Education teacher.
3. A recommendation must accompany the application and it must be written by the student’s guidance counselor. The completed scholarship application form and recommendation must be received by the college no later than 1:00 PM on Friday, March 25, 2016.
4. Students receiving this award may not combine it with the Lillian Simpson or Vocational Technical Scholarships.
5. A college representative will present the scholarship at the awards program at the end of the academic year. We ask that the recipient be present.
While not required, it is strongly recommended that each applicant submit the 2016-2017 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which is available online at www.fafsa.gov and have a Student Aid Report sent to GTC (Federal college code 003991).
Please see Ms. Beaver for an application.