The Presidential Scholarship Selection Committee is looking for highly motivated and creative individuals whose activities reflect qualities of leadership and service in their respective schools, churches, and communities. When committee members review a student's application materials, they will consider the following factors:
- Outstanding academic performance in high school
- Christian commitment
- Intellectual curiosity
- School, church, and community involvement
- Demonstrated leadership and service
- Desire and potential to excel at Erskine
Scholarship Essay & Academic Resume
Scholarship Essay: Please choose one of the following topics and write an essay using 600 words or fewer. The essay should be written in a Word Document (No PDFS) with Times New Roman, 12 point font, double spaced.
- At Erskine we encourage students to going beyond simply preparing for careers and consider the larger purpose of their lives. College is an excellent time to consider how your unique talents interests and opportunities fit into the bigger picture (your vocation or calling). How do you plan to use your college experience to exp-lore your vocation or life's calling?
- Discuss how your personal interests goals and your approach to learning align with Erskine's mission statement: "The mission of Erskine College is to equip students to flourish by providing an excellent liberal arts education in a Christ centered environment where learning and biblical truth are integrated to develop the whole person."
- With a presidential election quickly approaching in November 2016, many candidates have been discussing issues that they will address if elected president. Considering what you have witnessed and experienced in your community and studied in school, what do you think is the most pressing societal issue we face today? Why?
Academic Resume (limit: 2 pages)
Along with contact information, please include the following:
- Extracurricular School Activities
- Service Projects
- Church Involvement
- After school/Summer Employment
Submit Essay and Resume online.
- Apply for admission to Erskine College and submit the Presidential Scholarship Competition Essay and Resume between September 1, 2015 - November 15, 2015.
- No application will be submitted after this deadline.
- Notification for students invited to participated in the Semifinals Interview Day will be sent on November 20.
- PSC Semifinals Interview Day will be January 9, 2016.
- Notification for students invited to participate in the PSC Finals Interview Weekend will be sent on January 15.
- PSC Finals Weekend will be held on February 5-6, 2016.
For more information visit Erkine College's Presidential Scholarship web page.
(Referenced from Erskine College Presidential Scholarship web site).