- Any high school senior who is a citizen of the United States
- Applicants need not be related to a member of the Elks
- College students are not eligible to apply
- Applicants must be citizens of the United State on the date their applications are signed; permanent legal resident status does not qualify
- Male and female students compete separately
Applications are available for download. Applications must be printed and submitted to the Elks Lodge nearest the applicant's home by December 4, 2015. ***Please note that students should turn the application in at least 1 week prior to the deadline.***
Elks Lodge #858
7700 Pelham Road
Greenville, SC 29615
Contact: Larissa Stevens
Applications must advance through local, district, and state competitions to reach national judging. At each level of judging the Elks National Foundation Scholarship Office will send email notifications informing them if they advanced in the contest or not. The first round of email notifications will be sent in mid January, after Lodge judging is completed. District judging will be completed by late January, and State judging will be completed by mid February.
In late April, the top 20 finalists will participate in a Leadership Weekend in Chicago during which they'll interview with the national judges. These 20 finalists will by vying for two first place awards of $50,000; two second place awards of $40,000; and two third place awards of $30,000. The remaining 14 finalists will receive awards of $20,000. The 480 runner ups will receive fifth place scholarships of $4,000.
For more information please visit the Elks National Foundation web site.
(Referenced from Elks National Foundation MV Student Scholarship.)