Designed for students with a unique combination of determination and character, the Momentum program is a competitive scholarship opportunity. Successful candidates posses the personal discipline to perform with academic distinction and the desire to serve their communities. The Momentum Scholarship is intended to reward current ambition and honest commitment to making a difference in the world.
- Nomination Deadline: Monday, November 2, 2015
- Application Deadline: Tuesday, November 1, 2015
- Finalist Interviews: Saturday, January 23, 2016 (finalists will be notified in advance)
- Scholarship funds from $14,000 up to full tuition
- Special leadership opportunities, both academic and co curricular
- A personal leadership success coach
- The option to live with other Momentum Scholars on the Academic Achievement floor of McNair Hall
- Special summer paid internship opportunities
Candidate must demonstrate...
- High school or community involvement
- Courage and motivation
- Commitment to learning and being actively engaged on campus
- The potential for leadership
Candidates may be nominated by any of the following:
- High school principals, guidance counselors, or teachers
- Church and community leaders
- Columbia College alumnae
- Any individual or group having a close relationship with the candidate including family members
Candidates must be nominated by November 2, 2015 and submit all required College College admissions application documents as well as the Momentum Scholarship application by December 1, 2015. Only candidates who successfully apply to Columbia College will qualify for scholarship consideration.
For more information visit The Momentum Scholarship.
(Referenced from Columbia College Momentum Scholarship page.)